This project brought together several software programs. I began with Fractorium for the alpha fractal image sequence, then used Blender 2.8 (beta) to create the background using only Cycles shader nodes.
This was the first real project I did in Blender 2.8. Afterward, I composited them together in Natron and added some special effects. As can be seen in the screenshot, I went back-and-forth experimenting with floating-orb particles eventually deciding against them.
At the beginning, The “sliding screenshot panes” were a learning opportunity for me in that I used the “holdout” cycles shader node for the first time!
I found another fractal-editing software worthy of the quality output I have become accustomed to! It is called Jwildfire, and a couple of these were rendered with it. The others were rendered with Mandelbulb3d (MB3d), or recycled old images I revamped with some GIMP layer masking!
This has long been an ambition of mine, but never really materialized until now. This Logo I actually feel qualifies as a visual representative of this blog, and ironically enough is partially composed of an object created in yet another Opensource design program: Incendia.
Fractal abstract art has been my fetish the last few months. Hopefully 3d renders will draw my attention again soon but until then, here was a project from over the weekend:
I have finally found a successful way to create quality resizable text using Open Source software! Fractal renders were all done with Mandelbulber 3d. My art is always done with Open Source software. Enjoy!